AsteDRU Group is looking for a strategic leader who will start in the function of Chief Integration Officer. The CIO is a strategic leader in a highly entrepeneurial and fast growing environment to execute the integration of 2 separate companies: Aste (Finland) and DRU International (Belgium). Serving as a key business partner and member of the senior leadership team, you will report directly to the Board of Directors and use your experience to lead the overall talent, performance, succession, and human resources.
As CIO you will be responsible for planning, designing, and executing projects and programs that will allign two companies and two company cultures with the overall Group strategic plan and thus supporting functional business goals and objectives. You will be charged with advancing the company’s core purpose, values, brand attributes and business plans. You must have fantastic coaching and consultancy skills to help develop and influence integration throughout the organization and the ability to drive and personally contribute to results. You ensure the organization’s systems are coherent and congruent, both internally and externally:
- All the systems are fit for purpose, doing the best possible job. If they’re not, it’s up to him/her to identify and put in place better ones
- All the systems, whether electronic or paper, interact with one another in such a way that they actually help to do business better, not hinder it
- All the people of both organizations are connected in the right ways.
- All the systems and the people are connected properly, so the whole can help to achieve more than the sum of its parts
In short a CIO role is about business strategy, not just technology management and is seen as a high level, senior appointment. What is more, the Chief Integration Officer also helps capture the synergies by breaking the deadlocks that inevitably occur when two organizations merge. You report on the progress to the Board which is ultimately responsible for capturing the cost and revenue synergies propelling the deal, and also help to set the agenda.
A Chief Integration Officer is someone who can:
- Shepherd everyone through the rocky and uncharted territory that the two organisations must cross before they can function as one.
- Act as consultant, facilitator, communicator, project manager, coach and bridge builder.
- Create the connective tissue between the two businesses.
A CIO must understand and speak the language of the business and provide strategic leadership in all areas of management, talent service delivery, organization design, performance management, and training and development. She/He should be a global thought leader, leader of people, and be able to personally and through small teams deliver projects to execution.
We need a seasoned leader who is passionate about using their business, consultancy, and execution skills to create culture and talent growth pathways that drive business results. The successful candidate must be willing to lead by example with a “roll up your sleeves,” hands-on, build it and they will come attitude to create tiny wins and bright futures for our international operating group.
Much of the role does involve project management. The Chief Integration Officer helps to merge the various parts of the two organizations, consolidate operations and transfer critical skills across them, launch new products, and struggle to meet targets such as adjustment of the workforce, share-of-market goals, and time schedules.
Required skills & experience
- Project management skills
- Strong general manager skills
- an excellent decision making instinct
- comfortable working cross-functionally
- the courage to take the right decisions
- politically astute
- capable of influencing the corporate opinion
- providing clear direction
- capable of commanding the respect and allegiance of every employee
- Capable to accelerate the pace by anticipating problems, rapidly solving them, and, above all, constantly driving the decision making process
- Inspiring people by making the process in itself exciting
- Adapting and re-calibrating plans as the situation evolves
- Emotionally and culturally Intelligent
- Ability to multi-task and handle the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a must
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of Finnish and English, Dutch is a plus
- International work experience preferably also out of other countries other than the home country
- An important and high level position in a fast growing international mid-sized company with steer ambitions
- The freedom to steer and build together with the board of directors
- A company culture driven by results, responsibility and personal engagement
- An interesting salary package with extra legal advantages based on your experience and responsibilities
- Once this project is completed, you will be given by mutual agreement a job on senior leadership level
Send your cv and a short motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your application confidentially.